To establish a Centre of Excellence in which young people will be able to access all the support and services they need to become well-balanced, independent young adults.
• Positively impacting the lives of disaffected, vulnerable 15 to 25 yrs olds, (and/or offenders) and who are at risk of homelessness and/or offending.
• Positively impacting the attitudes/public perception of youth.
• Working towards forming partnerships with the best in every area to provide an excellent service for young people.
• Working towards making public services youth “friendly”.
• Working to reduce youth crime; youth homelessness and the percentage of disaffected young people.
• To provide temporary, suitable, supported family environment for “hard to place” young people/offenders to live.
• To be an environment in which young people are able to learn from their mistakes.
• To provide support with independent living skills.
• To provide a safe place for young people to call “home”, and for that home to be one that models
positive morals, values and boundaries for young people.
• Providing intervention for young people identified as being at risk of offending/re-offending upon release from custody prior to their release date – followed through to the community.
• To provide support in pursuing education training and employment.
• Family support & mediation (where possible) as a preventative measure for offending/re-offending and homelessness.
• To provide emergency supported accommodation for hard to place young people/offenders.
Community: To establish a Centre of Excellence in which young people will be able to access:
• Education, Training and Employment advice and support
• Housing advice
• Mentoring service
• Counselling service
• Sexual Health advice
• Family mediation service
• Parenting support service
• Advocacy service
• Substance misuse advice & support
• Youth club facilities